McElligotts was engaged by Melbourne Water to rehabilitate the Wantirna Sewer Shaft in March, 2017.
The scope of work included the rehabilitation of a 65m deep and 12m diameter sewer shaft. At McElligotts, the safety of our staff and clients is our top priority, so It was especially important for us to maintain a safe system of working as working within a live sewer can be dangerous for a number of reasons.
Our work on this project included:
- Access, egress and rescue capability
- Work platforms, safety lines and catch facilities
- Cleaning of all internal surfaces in the shaft
- Removal of all softened and acidified concrete from shaft walls and platforms
- Rehabilitation and remediation of all concrete surfaces including rebuiliding
- Application of a protective coating
McElligotts finished this project within a short six-month time frame, working around the clock to ensure the Wantira Sewer Shaft was restored as quickly as possible.